Sunday 24 January 2016

Melody of aging




Last week I went to a ballet performance. I then realized that I do this far too little. If I have to name one good intention for 2016, then it is that I will go more often to a dance performance.

By this performance I came also to the question whether the aging process can be displayed in a ballet performance. That turns out to be possible... and how. I came off at 'The melody of Aging' of Ish Ait Hamou and Fabrice Nsalambi. In this performance makes an 80 year old couple their last dance. The dance carries them back to their youth and the different stages in their lives. 











The video 'The melody of aging' can be found HERE.

Note also the great sets, the styling and the beautiful music ('Bird gerhl' by Antony and The Johnsons).

Listen, watch and enjoy.


For if you also don't get enough of it: 'Bird gerhl' by Antony and The Johnsons:










No comments:

Post a Comment